Four-times international winemaker of the year, McGuigan Wines is launching exclusive one litre bottles of their award-winning shiraz and merlot
Whoever said you can have too much of a good thing – what were they thinking? Australia’s McGuigan Wines have been named International Winemaker of the Year at the International Wine & Spirit Competition (IWSC) a record four times since 2009 (the only company to do so in the awards’ 49 year history).
Taking this more-is-more approach, McGuigan Wines have just announced the launch of one litre bottles of their Signature Shiraz and Merlot wines exclusively at Liquorland stores across New Zealand.
Located in the Hunter Valley, McGuigan Wines is blessed with an enviable climate that produces world-leading fruit. Get to know their two new supersized wines…
McGuigan Signature Shiraz
A youthful and well balanced wine with medium body and a long lasting smooth finish, RRP $13.99.
- AROMAS: Ripe plum, dark cherry and spicy oak
- FLAVOURS: Soft juicy dark fruits, mocha oak and savoury tannins
- PAIR WITH: Red meat dishes and tomato-based pasta dishes
McGuigan Signature Merlot
A soft and smooth merlot with full flavours and lots of character on the nose, RRP $13.99.
- AROMAS: Raspberry, cherry, plum, oak and caramel
- FLAVOURS: A delightful mix of berry and stewed fruit flavours with vanilla and cinnamon
- PAIR WITH: Red pork and chicken dishes