For a festive finishing touch on your favourite drink, try these adorable ideas.
Creating festive and fun Christmas cocktail garnishes adds a delightful touch to your holiday drinks, making them visually appealing and enhancing the overall holiday spirit.
Here are some creative ideas for Christmas cocktail garnishes:
Cucumber Christmas Tree (pictured above)
- Thinly slice or peel a cucumber length-wise.
- Gently weave it onto a skewer, creating a Christmas Tree shape.
- Cut a star out of orange or lemon flesh to resemble the star.
Candy Cane Rim
- Crush candy canes and place the mixture on a shallow plate.
- Wet the rim of the glass with a lemon wedge or simple syrup.
- Dip the rim into the crushed candy cane mixture for a sweet and minty accent.
- Use fresh rosemary sprigs to create a mini Christmas tree garnish.
- Tie a small bow with red or green ribbon around the rosemary for an extra festive touch.
- The aromatic herb will add a hint of fragrance to the drink.
- Sprinkle pomegranate arils on top of the drink for a burst of juicy sweetness.
- The vibrant red colour of pomegranate arils complements the Christmas theme.
Cinnamon Stick Stirrers
- Use cinnamon sticks as cocktail stirrers.
- The warm and spicy aroma of cinnamon will infuse into the drink as it is stirred.
Mint Leaf Snowflakes
- Arrange fresh mint leaves in the shape of a snowflake on top of the drink.
- Dust the mint snowflake with powdered sugar to resemble snow.
Gingerbread Cookie Garnish
- Attach a mini gingerbread man cookie to the rim of the glass using a small clip or by cutting a slit in the cookie.
- The spicy and sweet flavour of gingerbread complements many holiday cocktails.
Santa Hat Skewers:
- Thread a marshmallow followed by a strawberry onto a skewer, to resemble a Santa hat.
Note: Remember – where possible – to consider the flavours of the garnishes and how they complement the flavours of the cocktail.