Gone are the days when whisky was purely the domain of your granddad; at a recent event at The Sugar Club in Auckland's SkyTower by The Glenlivet, it was party vibes and incredible cocktails all round! We've nabbed a couple of their cocktail recipes for you to try
Spiced Spey Coffee
- 40ml The Glenlivet 12 Year Old Single Malt Whisky
- 15ml liquid chocolate
- 10ml sugar syrup
- 75ml strong (filter) coffee
- 40ml lightly whipped cream
Warm a small wine glass with boiling water. Pour out the hot water. Mix the chocolate, whisky, coffee, syrup and cayenne pepper together in a heated glass. Gently pour the cream over the back of a spoon to create a creamy layer. Garnish with chocolate shavings, adding a small pinch of cayenne pepper if desired.
The Glenlivet Royale
- 35ml The Glenlivet 12 Year Old Single Malt Whisky
- 15ml lemon juice
- 15ml honey water
- 80ml Champagne or sparkling wine (we used Mumm Grand Cordon)
- Lemon twist
Pour The Glenlivet 12, lemon juice and honey water into a chilled flute. Top with champagne, stir and garnish with a lemon twist.