Hell yeah you do! We can't wait to try this and many other weird and wonderful beers at GABS Beer, Cider & Food Festival on 30th June, 2018
Every year the crowds at the GABS Beer, Cider & Food Festivals in Australia and New Zealand get bigger and bigger. It’s not just because of the great brews and food, tasting seminars, roaming musicians, Silent Disco or pub games (although personally the Toast team can’t wait for another Giant Jenga showdown). With more than 90 unique beers and ciders from brewers across New Zealand, Australia and the rest of the world, it’s the super creative concoctions that help to make GABS, which is presented in Auckland by Liquorland, one of the most-anticipated gastronomic festivals on the calendar.
And with only a couple of sleep weeks left to wait (if you haven’t got your tickets already ENTER THE TOAST GABS TICKET GIVEAWAY HERE), we thought we’d ask the GABS team to share some of the more experimental brews that’ll be available for sampling in Auckland on 30th June. Here are our top must-try beers (and a few cool brews below that are available at Liquorland for catching your tears in if you can’t make it to GABS)…
GABS 2018 MUST TRY:
- Blackman’s Brewery ‘Escargose’: Perhaps one of the most unusual beers to grace GABS, the team at Blackman’s Brewery in Victoria have crafted a dry-hopped Gose style beer with Great Ocean Road snails, parsley, thyme and pine nuts. Will you ‘Gose’ there?
- Feral Brewing Company ‘Breakfast IPA’: With Weet-bix, Frosted Flakes, Froot Loops, All Bran, Nutri-Grain, and Cornflakes, this ‘breakfast’ juice is produced by the canny folk at West Australia’s Feral brewery. It smells like tropical fruit, looks like orange juice and tastes like sweet cereal. What a way to wake up!
- Behemoth Brewing Co ‘Mocha Madness’: With cold brew coffee, Dutch cocoa powder and a seriously dark beer that's surprisingly smooth and silky as a result of oats and lactose sugar, you can thank these Auckland brewers for providing your daily coffee fix in beer form.
- Brothers Beer ‘Laksa Ale’: These Auckland crafties obviously can’t get enough of South East Asian curry flavours, so they’ve chucked high quality coconut, lemongrass, ginger, lime and coriander into their brew. Roti not included.
- Piha Beer ‘Hangi Beer’: Leaving the surf long enough to get brewing, the team at Piha Beer have laid down a rauchbier (smoked) style brew made with house smoked kumara, potatoes and pumpkin as well as manuka smoked malt. Ka pai Piha Beer!