The countdown is on for the Great Australasian Beer SpecTAPular in Auckland on June 18th. We take a look at a few tips and tricks for your visit
The countdown is on. Just over two weeks to go until GABS hits Auckland. Last week we spoke to Steve Jeffares, co-founder of the Great Australasian Beer SpecTAPular (click here to read). This week, we take a look at what to look forward to and some tips for your visit. With more than 250 beers (60 specifically brewed for GABS), fantastic food and spectacular entertainment on the cards, it’s fair to say you should be very excited for the 2016 Great Australasian Beer SpecTAPular.
- Make sure you check out the Liquorland Marketplace which will feature dozens of brewery and cider exhibitors.
- Keep an eye out for GABS Carnivale – there will be scheduled shows throughout the day with wild and wacky circus performances and musicians.
- Be prepared for delicious street food (with beer pairings, of course!)
- Think carefully about transport – public transport is encouraged by GABS organisers and there are plenty of public transport or taxi options for getting to the ASB Showgrounds. The Auckland Transport Journey Planner may help you.
- Don't forget your ID – anyone under the age of 18 will be given a wristband to wear for the entire day.
GABS Mixed Six
After the festival, Liquorland will be selling a special GABS Mixed Six – six delicious different GABS brews for you to enjoy at home. Check out the video links below for a sneak peek at some of the stories behind these brilliant brews:
From GABS Food Market to Silent Disco to Craft College, there is a lot of fun to be had at GABS. Check out the link below for more details on highlights to look forward to this year. http://gabsfestival.com/auckland/highlights/